"Just like a neuronal graffiti, the last image frame was dancing indecisive between his blinded photo-receptors and his immediate memory." Little he knew the image would continue to develop, nurtured by his subconscious, into a whole new idea.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

AMS-LHR

After a very busy couple of days in Amsterdam I'm flying home. The WiFi revolution has fully deployed itself in the form of a multitude of HotSpots across Europe. So far I've had no problems to find a place where I can connect. Today is courtesy of Attingo.

As I'm having breakfast at the airport, I keep wondering why the guy in the next table hasn't given up trying to boot his notebook. It's been easily 10 minutes since I noticed his Windows XP keeps hanging. I was forwarded an article forecasting the final days of Microsoft, an although I'm sure they are saving their money to launch themselves into the next business revolution, their current business model is already obsolete and they probably know it. That's the only explanation as to why they don't spend more money to fix all their current problems.

So what is the next revolution? Only Steve Jobs knows, but it certainly has to do with wireless and so far Apple seems to be the only ones who get it. Now with the introduction of their Airport Express with AirTunes, they again, dismistify technology and make of it a simple gadget. They are not the only ones developing technology for the fusion of your entertainment unit with your computer, but they are the ones who clearly understand how to make this available to more than just geeks. Take for example one of the soon to be released SMC devices. I'm sure the cryptic description will be enough to prove my point.

In case you haven't noticed it, the new iTunes has support for trailers, an although this is just a small departure from their current feature set, I bet they are just fine tuning the backend technology to support a full video on-demand service. In a few months, you'll be using iTunes to buy a movie for $9.99 and stream it to your Airport Express II to watch it in your own home theatre. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home